Essure Side Effects LawsuitDecember 11, 2015
Thousands of women placed their trust in an Essure birth control implant, only to suffer horrifying Essure side effects as a result. Such injuries can be the basis of Essure lawsuit to claim payments for victims.
The Willis Law Firm stands ready to assist women with Essure side effects injury claims. Contact our law firm today about a possible Essure lawsuit to claim your rightful financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
What are Essure Side Effects?
As for what are Essure side effects, many have plagued women who unsuspectingly received the defective medical device.
Many women suffer debilitating chronic pain, debilitating headaches, allergic response to nickel in the device, colon perforation and nausea. Some women have had to undergo a hysterectomy to rid their bodies of the devices, and some women became pregnant after receiving an Essure implant, despite the fact that preventing pregnancy was the device’s function.
Other women have suffered fever and fainting spells, as well as bloating, rashes, chronic pelvic pain, hot flashes, excessive bleeding, miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies.
Too, the defective birth control implant may migrate from the fallopian tube and then get lodged near or in the colon. Women have had to endure multiple surgeries to locate and remove the defective implant.
Essure Side Effects Reported
Still more possible Essure side effects being reported include:
- Period cessation
- Abnormal periods
- Sustained spotting
- Spotting or bleeding after intercourse
- Dyspareunia, or painful intercourse
- Dysmenorrhea, or painful periods
- Metrorrhagia, or bleeding between periods
- Menorrhagia, or excessive bleeding during periods
- Polymenorrhea, or long menstrual cycles
- Early menopause
- Amenorrhea, lack of menstrual cycle
- Uterine infection
- Uterine inflammation
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- Fallopian tube cysts
- Uterine cysts
- Fallopian tube fibroids
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Cervical Cancer/Dysplasia
- Hydrosalpinx, or fluid in the fallopian tubes
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Cysts at the vaginal opening, or Bartholin’s Cyst
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Night Sweats
- Loss of Libido
- Mittelschmerz, or painful ovulation
- Sexual dysfunction
- Candida, or yeast infections
- Frequent urination
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Bladder infection
- Cervicitis/vaginitis, or swelling,infection or inflammation of the vagina or cervix
- Vulvodynia, or stinging, burning or itching of the vaginal opening
- Breast tenderness or pain
- Constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea
- Brain shocks
- Mood swings
- Numbness or tingling in feet or hands
- Nerve pain
- High blood pressure
- Allergic reactions
- Heart palpitations
- Perforation of the tubes by the coils
- Broken or missing coils
- Coil migrations
- Coils embedded in other organs
Essure Lawsuits May be Needed
To fight back against the negligence of Essure’s manufacturer and seller, Bayer, victims should contact an experienced and knowledgeable defective medical device attorney or injury lawyer with the Willis Law Firm.
Currently, a federal pre-exemption prevents plaintiffs from suing Bayer for the injuries its product caused. But that exemption is being challenged in court and may be overturned.
In that eventuality, plaintiffs can freely sue Bayer for the injuries and misery caused by a product it continues to sell without an Essure recall despite clear evidence that this product is harming many American women.
Talk to an Essure Lawyer
Contact the Willis Law Firm today, and get started exploring your legal options for a potentially successful Essure lawsuit against the negligent manufacturer which caused your injury.
Talk to a Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer licensed in Texas and in New York with a National Presence with the Highest Peer Review Rating. All Essure cases are taken on a contingency fee basis which means the client is never charged any attorney fees or any legal case expenses unless a successful recovery is obtained for them.© Willis Law Firm for Drug Attorneys. Replication strictly prohibited without written consent.