If you have used Zantac or generic brands of ranitidine, it’s important to understand there are dangers associated with the use of this prescription and over-the-counter drug. Currently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires testing and monitors approved medications for unsafe levels of nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a substance known to cause cancer. However, unknown by the FDA for decades, high concentrations, up to thousands of times the daily acceptable limit, of NDMA have been found in almost every tablet of Zantac and ranitidine that has recently been tested. Global Zantac recalls have ensued and the link between Zantac and cancer is becoming clearer. Now, thousands of people are joining lawsuits against Zantac and ranitidine manufacturers for failing to warn and protect consumers from life threatening cancers
The Issues with Zantac and Ranitidine
Known as ranitidine and sold under the brand name Zantac, ranitidine is used to treat heartburn, GERD, and a variety of indigestion associated with fighting the bodies over-production of stomach acid. It was used by 10s of millions for decades, unaware of the carcinogen that was being deposited in their bodies. In 2019, the pharmacy Valisure alerted the FDA asking the agency to immediately recall all ranitidine from store shelves. Through a variety of tests, Valisure showed that the ranitidne molecule was so unstable that even by sitting on a consumers medicine cabinet, levels of NDMA would be able to rise on their own to unsafe levels. Through more follow up testing, the FDA confirmed Valisure’s findings and requested all manufacturers of ranitidine to recall their products. Most importantly, the agency noted that NDMA increases in Zantac with age even at regular room temperatures.
Types of Cancer Linked to Zantac
Since 2019, it is becoming clear that once ranitidine is ingested, it can deposit dangerous levels of NDMA in various areas of the body it passes through, leaving the potential for tumors and cancer to develop. The primary types of cancer researchers are finding after long term Zantac use include:
- Non Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)
How to Qualify for a Zantac Lawsuit
Individuals who have taken Zantac, or loved ones who have taken Zantac and then developed cancer are understandably concerned about the ongoing zantac recalls and evidence pointing towards higher risks of cancer.
For filing a Zantac Claim Lawsuit to recover for your injuries, the injured party must be able to show a few things:
- Proof of Zantac Use
- To show the court and manufacturers we are fighting against that your cancer was a result of NDMA associated with Zantac or ranitidine, individuals must be able to provide pharmacy receipts, medical records, prescriptions, or other documentation proving they took Zantac
- Cancer Diagnosis
- Your case will not go forward based on todays evidence is there is a not a related resulting Zantac cancer after prolonged use of the medication
- Connecting the Dots and Linking Zantac Use and Cancer
- We must be able to show that your cancer and injuries are connected to Zantac. Zantac does not have to be the sole factor that led to cancer but it must be part of it. If you only took Zantac for a couple months prior to being diagnosed with cancer for example, we will not be able to prove the association of the medicine with the resulting cancer.
Benefits of Filing a Zantac Lawsuit
Why should you file a Zantac lawsuit? You may be wondering what are the advantages of filing a claim against zantac and ranitidine manufacturers. If you are on the fence about whether to file a claim against the manufacturer, know that it will not cost you a penny to do so. Benefits of filing a zantac cancer personal injury include:
- Compensation for your cancer and other health issues
- Compensation for pain and suffering and other side or indirect effects of the damage caused
- Making the drug makers be accountable for their action and encourage more rigorous testing of products before they enter the market and continue to test products for their safety regularly
- If joining a class action lawsuit, compensation for the money you spent on the medication
Nationwide Zantac Lawyers
If you took Zantac or over-the-counter ranitidine and later developed a cancer associated with zantac use, you are not alone in this fight and you may be able to sue the drug manufacturers and get financial compensation for your injuries. The Drug Attorneys team at the Willis Law Firm is ready, able, and waiting for your form submission or direct call to our offices. For decades, we have represented thousands of clients nationwide against big pharmaceutical companies and held them accountable when profits over health mattered most to them. Contact us today for a confidential and free zantac lawsuit consultation.